From the Desk of Eagles Outsider Barry Bowe
( . . . – – – . . . )
Not once. But twice. And he answers distress signal both times.
- Alex Smith back to pass, scrambles, goes down hard. First series. ( . . . – – – . . . ) Nicky steps into the breach. Ball on Colts 22. Second down and 10. Spencer Ware up the middle for 7 yards. Tried to hit old friend Jeremy Maclin. Incomplete. Cairo Santos nails 33-yard field goal. Chiefs up 3-0.
- Next series. Chiefs 3-and-out. Nicky incompletes two passes. Punt.
- Next series. Chiefs 4-and-out. Nicky incompletes two passes. Santos misses 28-yarder.
- Next series. Nicky drives Chiefs 80 yards in 6 plays. Goes 4-for-4 for 73 yards. Hits Travis Kelce for 14-yard TD. Chiefs 10-0.
Indy trims deficit to 10-7.
- Next series. Chiefs 3-and-out on three runs.
- Next series. Alex Smith re-enters game. Moves team 22 yards on 6 plays. Punt.
- Next series. Alex Smith behind center. Three plays, minus 1 yard. Punt.
- Next series. Alex Smith drives Chiefs 36 yards in 3 plays. Hits Jeremy Maclin for 13-yard TD. Chiefs on top 17-7.
- Next series. Alex Smith moves Chiefs 21 yards on 4 plays. Back to pass, scrambles, goes down hard. Concussion. Smith out. ( . . . – – – . . . ) Nicky Football to the rescue. Again. Drives Chiefs 54 yards on 6 plays – 4-for-4 thru the air.
- Charcandrick West for 2 yards.
- Travis Kelce for 5 yards.
- Tyreek Hill for 1 yard.
- Tyreek Hill for 34 yards and TD. Chiefs 24-7.
Indy scores on next series to trim deficit to 24-14.
- Fourth quarter. Nicky manages balance of game. Two field goals.
Chiefs win 30-14.
- 16-22 for 223 yards & 10.1 yards/throw.
- 2 TDs.
- Zero INTs.
- QBR = 135.2
Reunited with Andy Reid, Nick Foles shined today.
Personally, never wanted to see Nicky leave Eagles. Another Chip Kelly blunder. Let’s see what happens from here.
In addition to being the official Eagles Outsider for BlameMyFather.com – Barry Bowe is also the author of: